JOIN OUR TEAM
CURRENT AVAILABLE POSITIONS
Direct Support Professional-Day Services
BAIG Developmental Disabilities Services offers variety of programming in the Omaha Metro to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This includes community inclusion, activities, outings and more.
The Direct Care Professional is responsible for providing compassionate care and assistance to clients with intellectual and developmental disabilities by working with each client, assessing and meeting their needs with the goal of fostering a positive, encouraging environment.
Our team of Direct Support Professionals enjoys the rewards of making a difference every day, a supportive work environment, competitive wage & benefits package along with opportunities for advancement.
This position is full-time day hours, Monday-Friday
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring all clients are treated with respect and dignity, recognizing individual needs and encouraging independence.
- Assist with and work to strengthen the individuals’ many daily living needs including but not limited to nutrition, hygiene, exercise, communication and socialization skills.
- Develop a rapport with clients and cultivate a safe and supportive relationship.
- Update client case notes daily.
- Always ensure an appropriate staff-to-client ratio.
- Always maintain the safety and security of individuals through line of sight supervision.
- Support crisis prevention, intervention, and resolution.
- Provide transportation to ensure the safe transport and timely delivery of individuals to their outings/appointments
- Comply with all traffic laws, safety guidelines, current federal, state and local standards and regulations, as well as our established policies and procedures.
BAIG Developmental Disabilities Services?
- Our team of Direct Support Professionals enjoys the rewards of making a difference every day
- Work in a supportive and fun environment
- VERY low turnover in staff
- Amazing, caring coworkers
- Focused on giving individuals with disabilities opportunities to participate in activities and have life fulfilling experience
Shared Living Provider
Residential Services · Omaha, Nebraska
Be a key member of a treatment team that provides support and supervision to children and adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. An EFH specialist works with and supports families who open up their home to bring a structured, less intrusive environment to people with maladaptive behaviors.
What exactly is Shared Living? Shared Living is a Medicaid-funded program in which the Providers are Independent Contractors that work with a State-approved administrative agency for placement to ensure full compliance with CMS rules and regulations. The provider shares their home, providing a safe, inspirational and enriching environment so the individual with intellectual disabilities can strengthen their daily living skills. This support model also allows an individual to have greater access to the natural supports available within their community.
Typical supports provided may include; but are not limited to:
- Medication administration
- Medical appointments and tracking
- Coaching and mentoring to assist individuals to meet personal goals
- Support with decision making
- Budgeting, transportation and assistance with community access and inclusion
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Support overall health and well being
- Documentation of services provided
BAIG is specifically searching for applicants that are willing to work with difficult maladaptive behaviors such as elopement, physical aggression, sexually inappropriate behaviors, verbal aggression, etc.
This subcontracting position is a work from home position, that you provide care and support for a person within your own home. This position requires a desire to make a difference in an individual’s life and commitment to the lengthy application process.
The applicant process is thorough and detailed, so it depends on many factors:
- Accuracy/Completeness of Application.
- Coordination of phone and face to face interviews.
- Coordination of in-home visit.
- No criminal background, APS/CPS and Sex Offender history.
- Completion of required training.
Day Program Coordinator
BAIG Agency LLC provides care for individuals with intellectual development disability. We strive to offer a community that promotes self-respect, independence, and improves the quality of life for all individuals. We intend to provide the highest quality services in the Omaha area.
This position will conduct referral reviews, complete intake activities, provide on-going monitoring of people, and ensure the highest quality of service.
- Communicates with the State Service Coordinator to ensure eligibility/authorization for funding of services/supports is available.
- Gathers, interprets and operationalizes information about the individual and makes available to the agency’s team.
- Obtains all necessary consents, completes a social history and other agency-required forms/paperwork, records and documentation.
- Facilitates the completion of required assessments, services and safety plans, residential agreements, and coordinates with the individual’s team to deliver service, medical and behavioral support.
- Maintains individual and agency records and ensures all electronic and physical records contain current information.
- Identifies and coordinates the individuals’ clinical and service needs and ensures that there is coordinated plan of care with agency and external agencies/professionals.
- Communicates with the agency team regarding health concerns (e.g., missed appointments, medications, diagnoses, etc.) and takes appropriate action.
- Identifies individuals with complex medical issues and provides for appropriate agency and external interventions by qualified health professionals.
- Serves as a member of agency committees and workgroups, and as a liaison to external agencies/professionals.
- As part of the agency’s management team, provides input into the development of individual service plans and implements policy and procedures.
- Assure programs are in compliance with state and federal regulations and BAIG Agency LLC’s quality expectations
- Skills: Team facilitation, Working with individuals with disabilities and interacting with the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services.
- Experience: Developmental Disabilities Service Coordination, 2 years
- Experience using Word, Excel, Outlook, and Therap.